Friday, February 10, 2012

My hair is long. I need help with some hair styles up in a pony tail?

ok so I work at waffle house so I have to wear my hair up but I get tired of tha sam old toss up all the time. I need help with cool toss ups for long hair pleaseMy hair is long. I need help with some hair styles up in a pony tail?
I have not done this myself because I have short hair, but I do know people who have and it works great. It will take you a little time so it's not for those days when you're running late to work!





First, wash your hair and condition it. Then pull all the damp hair up into a high ponytail on the top back of your head. Separate into sections and twist till they start to curl back on themselves, twist all the way to the end and pin in place. Repeat with all the sections. The advantage to this is that it will stay smooth on your head all day, and when you take it down you'll have nice wavy curls.





Another idea is to pull it up into a high ponytail and then braid the ponytail, that looks cute and stays out of your way also. If you do it with damp hair, again you will have waves when you take it down.





Good luck!My hair is long. I need help with some hair styles up in a pony tail?
I know what you mean. My hair is near knee-length. There are two things I can do that are quick and easy.


The first one is using a very large hair claw clip.( I recommend buying one from Claire's($6), though it will eventually break, so keep back-ups.) Put it in a low-sitting, tightish ponytail, twist, clip vertically, and muss up the remaining over-hanging bits, which should conceal the clip completely. I'd call it casual-sassy. It gives you the look of having lots of body.


The other thing I can do without much fuss is put hair up in two pony tails, horozontally, close together, section medium-sized strands off, put them into braids( making sure to secure the ends with small, translucent rubber bands), then go nuts, tie the two sides together, into symetrical knots, tuck ends under resulting bun, and secure with as many bobby pins as you feel comfortable with. It can look Asian-inspired if you do it right, but if you do it badly, you may look like the schnitzel girl at Oktoberfest.


I like to garnish either style with a flower. Get a fake one that you like, attach it to a bobby pin. Stick it in the right side if you're single, the left side if you're married, or the oppossite side of side-swept bangs.


Hope this helps, and maybe someone else will have some new styles for both of us.
BUNS


PLAITS


LOW PONYTAIL


HIGH PONYTAIL

No comments:

Post a Comment